- How often do you wear a skirt or dress? Not very often. I reserve dressing up for those special alone times with DH a couple of times a year. All the other times, I stick to jeans when going out. Sometimes, I'll wear high heels with my jeans to give me a dresser look.
- Did you feel unmotivated after Christmas and New Years? A small wave of un-motivational thinking has crept upon me, I will admit. However, I'm trying to brush these sentiments out of my thoughts as I plow through my daily goals. Maybe, this funk is due to having put away my Christmas decor. *sigh* It'll be okay, though. I'll get out of this slump before long. Think happy thoughts with me. *smile*
- What was the last thing that made you say "Wow"? Say it or feel? I don't know if I actually said it or felt, but watching all the college bowls and NFL play-offs we've seen some pretty cool plays which have left me feeling Wowed.
- Do you shop with a list, or do you "wing it"? 99.99% of the time, I shop from a list. I only wing it, if I'm out doing some light shopping. I've learned when I go without a list when I need to do a major haul at the store I either buy more than I need or miss getting something very important. Even when I have a store list, I make sure to double check myself before going to check out.
- I enjoyed this so much that I will ask this again. What questions would you like me to ask on our Chat? Nothing in particular comes to mind right now. I enjoy participating in our weekly chats no matter what the questions are.
Now, it's time to visit Joyce...
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012 -
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.
Although, I really do not understand why any word/phrase needs to be officially banished and if I had to vote on one of these to be removed then I would have to say "thank you in advance", simply because it sounds so formal. Do people really still use this much anymore?
2. Are you easily embarrassed?
3. What is your go-to snack?
A handful of nuts usually fix me up quite well until meal time or a piece of cheese with an apple or any fruit is yummy, too.
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
I have not been to Washington D.C., but would really like to visit one day. The city is chockful of attractions. Some of the things I would like to see is Lincoln Memorial, The Smithsonian & other museums,The Capital, The White House, The Potomac River, St. John's Church, and the National Cathedral to name just a few sites. Hey what is this, have you been hired by the tourism division to get your readers pumped up to visit D.C.? LOL
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?M
Maybe squats or lunges, but I'm not really sure. Exercise is one of those necessary evils you have to do to keep those yummy calories from turning into unwanted baggage.
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
In the late 90s, we were travelling from my in-laws back to Knoxville on Thanksgiving. About half way home, our car died. We were stranded beside the road in the cold and dark with three young children. This was in the day before cell phones. We walked to a nearby house. Thankfully, they allowed us to come inside where it was warm to use the phone. The middle aged son who was there visiting his parents took my DH to Walmart to buy a new battery, helped him put it in, and then led us to hotel for the night. The battery was only a temporary fix. We were so appreciative of these kind folks for taking in a family of strangers for a few hours. This is one act of kindness I'll never forget!
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
Nope. I don't like needles! I hate having blood taken when I go to the doctor, but it's sometimes has to be done.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Banging my head on the wall AGAIN! My DS just NOW...actually last night told me he is having problems with his school software. What, you're kidding me? Why are you telling me this 4-months into your school year? *slap forehead*.
Computers can be your friend or your worse nightmare. I've entered the realm of another bad dream. The good news is the issue doesn't keep him from doing his school work. Sorry ole chum! It sort of cripples him a wee bit by forcing him to slow down. He is required an extra hit of the 'enter' key to make the error message disappear. Oh what hardships, right?
With that being said, he's gonna have to bite the bullet and deal with it until I can resolve the problem. Honestly, I'm not going to wring my hands over this one. He'll graduate in the spring and a new chapter begins for him - college, apprenticeship, or work. Life goes on...
The rest of the week is down hill!